With the passing of AB2217 and signed into law by Governor Brown and recorded with the Secretary of State on August 17, 2016, our fees for signatures will be increasing on January 1, 2017. The fee schedule will be as follows: -For taking an acknowledgment or proof of a deed, or other instrument, to include […]
Visit the post for more.
Quality Notary Service is located in Indio, CA and serves La Quinta, Indio, Palm Desert and surrounding cities. Notary Public since 2005 and experienced with all lender loan documents. I carry $100k E & O insurance and NNA background check cleared for 2015.
There was a property boom last year. There is still one going on this year. There was a loosening of mortgage availability last year. This was largely due to rates falling at higher loan to value (lower deposit) mortgages. It was also due to more buy to let investors coming back to the market seeing value in the market.
Then came along the Mortgage Market Review (MMR). This tightened criteria and started to include commitments that not all lenders took into account before. Now lenders are continuing the squeeze with income multiples being capped at certain amounts. The Express discusses this today.
There will be more announcements on the way as lenders try and help to cool the housing market. The free market.
When you see the words, Eye of the Tiger, the first thought that comes to mind is probably Katy Perry’s song, Roar, right? “You held me down, but I got up. Get ready ‘cause I’ve had enough. I see it all, I see it now. I’ve got the eye of the tiger. I am a champion, and you’re gonna hear me roar!”
Notary Signing Agents, like me, have recently come under increased scrutiny. The collapse of the mortgage/housing market has forced lenders and title companies to take a closer look at what happens at the loan signing table. Notaries are faced with new best practice standards called Certified Signing Specialist Standards. Federal regulators tightened the rules for lenders and servicers this year. We all have to make sure we are in compliance with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) rules. Interest rates rose this past year so I saw my loan signing notary work decline. Many notaries are forced to seek out other forms of freelance work assignments to bring in income. Darwin says, “it’s the most adaptable that win in the long run.” Change can be difficult. Let’s face it; it’s easiest to just resist change. I said to myself that I need to try and embrace the changes.
How does one find the eye of the tiger? For me, it is all about fighting back, dancing through the fire, to stay in the game and ahead of competition. It’s about making it through the cyclical periods of the signing business. It is also about setting boundaries for myself and for my business.
See the 5 things that help me dance through the fire:
- Look for things to empower you or inspire you. Look for role models, quotes, songs that will make you roar. Look for whatever pumps you up. My favorite motivational songs are: Theme song to Rocky, I Will Survive, The Climb, Champion, and Roar. Zig Ziglar says “You can make positive deposits in your own economy every day by reading and listening to powerful, positive, life-changing content and by associating with encouraging and hope-building people”. Oprah Winfrey has always been an inspiration to me, so I recommend her website also.
- Networking-I realize how much I value my notary networking group (California Mobile Notary Network). Since we are in a tumultuous mortgage market, networking has become more important than ever. Brainstorming as a group is so powerful. A team of professionals all working towards a common goal. I think belonging to a professional association is very important. I value my membership in the National Notary Association because they provide vital information in my field. Bill Gates says, “In life and in business, if you want to go fast go alone; if you want to go far, go together.”
- Try something new for 30 days-Motivational speaker Tony Robbins says that the key to lasting change is conditioning. If we can repeat something for 30 days, it will more likely turn into a habit. Adopt that new habit and get rid of old patterns/habits.
- Look for something that distinguishes your business from others. Maybe it would be to improve customer service, improve trust with testimonials, show that you have compassion and a conscience, or look at the first impression you are making.
- Advance your social media skills-According to DMR (Digital Marketing Ramblings), 1.23 billion people use Facebook monthly and 241 million tweet on Twitter. We need to be connected!
How to keep/maintain your eye of the tiger? After a while you will probably lose your momentum and motivation. Rebound, dust yourself off, and get back up.
Sheryl Sandberg’s book, “Lean In” points out that one should constantly ask: “How can I do better? What am I doing that I don’t know? What am I not doing that I don’t see?”
Maybe it is time to learn a new skill, use a new app, or switch your advertising focus.
Maybe it is time to keep closer tabs on your competition. See how the competitors price themselves and see how/where they advertise. This is important because it will help you make very calculated changes in your price structure, marketing and advertising strategies. (don’t agonize over it)
Define specific goals: How much money you want to earn each month and declare how to go about doing it? Set a day of the week to prepare invoices or to follow up with collections. Set an amount of business cards you will hand out each week.
Seek out new ideas from experts either on the internet or from books. Connect with professionals in your field on Twitter and Facebook. Read trade magazines and newsletters.
Strive to increase your referral business. Get someone to refer a business or client to you and your response goes up to a whopping 60%!
Lastly, eliminate doubts you have. Your belief needs to be stronger than ever and your proactive approach needs to be solidified. This means being able to be honest with yourself today and face your fears by preparing even more. Zig Ziglar says to “Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.”
The more confident you are, the less doubt you will have, and the more likely your success will be. Hang in there…and ROAR!!
Notary Public-will travel to you in the Rancho Cucamonga area. I have over 6 years of experience and reasonable rates. Call me at (760) 880-0299.
Since 2005 I have served the La Quinta and surrounding cities. I travel to your location. Certified loan closing specialist.
$15 per notary plus travel fee. Call today!